Adult First Time Passport Applicants
First Time Passport Application for Adult Passports (Aged 16 years older)
- Step 1: Please make an appointment online
- Step 2: Please read the instruction below
- Step 3: Please complete the passport application form DS-11 (PDF 89 KB)
- You are over 16 years of age and/or
- You just obtained your U.S. Naturalization certificate
You may only apply In Person. Please follow these instructions:
- Make an appointment online.
- Complete Form DS-11.
- Bring your completed form to your appointment. Please ignore the part of the form that instructs you to mail the form to the U.S. If you mail the form to the U.S., your application will be considerably delayed.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, for example:
- A U.S. Birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- A previous U.S. passport
- U.S. Naturalization Certificate
- Proof of Identity (a government-issued document that contains your picture), for example:
- Hong Kong ID
- State Drivers' License
- Current Passport (if you have just obtained a U.S. Naturalization Certificate)
- One Photo: The photo must be 2" X 2" (5 cm X 5 cm) with a white background. For details about the photo requirements, please see Photo Requirements.
- Passport Fee
Fees: The fee for a first time adult passport application is U.S. $135 or HK $1,080.
Payment options are as follows:
- U.S. or local currency;
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club. All credit card transactions are in U.S. dollars, as if the transaction occurred in the United States.
- Check (certified or cashier's) made payable to American Consulate General Hong Kong. Personal checks are not acceptable;
- Bank draft made payable to American Consulate General Hong Kong;
- Money order (U.S. Postal, commercial; international, currency exchange) made payable to American Consulate General Hong Kong;
- Checks, bank drafts and money orders should be drawn in U.S. dollars on a bank in the United States, and must have been issued within the last five months.
Last modified: May 30, 2012