Traveling to Guam and Saipan
Traveling to Guam and the Northern Marianas (Saipan)
The Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Program allows certain passport holders to travel to Guam and Saipan without a visa. Participating countries / geographic areas: Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong (holders of BNO passport and HKSAR passports), Japan, Malaysia, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Republic of South Korea, Taiwan (Residents who begin travel in Taiwan and fly to Guam or Saipan without an intermediate layover or stop en route), and United Kingdom.
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region was included in the Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Program, effective November 28, 2009. However, only persons holding the British National Overseas (BNO) passports or Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) passports are eligible for this program. Hong Kong identification card will be required for HKSAR passport holders for admission. Persons holding Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Document of Identity for Visa Purposes (HKDI) or Macau Special Administrative Region (Macau SAR) passports are not eligible for this program.
Note: Beginning May 23, 2011, individuals holding BNO passports traveling to Guam and Saipan under the Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Program must also present a Hong Kong identification card.
Travelers traveling to Guam or Saipan under Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Program should know that the program:
- Allows the admission not to exceed 45 days.
- Allows admission only to Guam or the CNMI (Saipan).
- Does not provide for onward travel to the rest of the United States.
- Requires completed and signed Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Information form (Form I-736), and a completed Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94), Both forms are available from the participating airlines.
- Requires valid unexpired ICAO compliant, machine readable passport.
- Requires no previous violations of any prior admissions to the United States.
- Requires Hong Kong identification card if travel with HKSAR passport. Beginning May 23, 2011, individuals traveling with BNO passports must also present a Hong Kong identification card.
- Requires Taiwan National Identity Card and valid Taiwan passport with a valid re-entry permit if travel with Taiwan passport.
Note: The following four countries are removed from the participating countries/geographic regions list: Indonesia, Vanuatu, Western Samoa and Solomon Islands. Passport holders from Indonesia, Vanuatu, Western Samoa and Solomon Islands will need a visa to travel to Guam or Saipan when the Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Program become effective beginning November 28, 2009.
Please see Guam-CNMI Visa Waiver Program for more information.
Last modified: March 19, 2013