Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Visa Services

Diversity Visa Program: DV-2016

Customer Service Statement to Visa Applicants

Welcome to the Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visa Units of the U.S. Consulate General for Hong Kong and Macau.

The U.S. Consulate General is located at 26 Garden Road in Central, Hong Kong.

We provide the following visa services:

Nonimmigrant Visas - temporary visits for pleasure, exchange programs, study and temporary employment

Immigrant Visas - permanent residency, marriage to an American citizen, adoptions

Visa Inquiries - how to get general visa information and help with case-specific nonimmigrant and immigrant visa inquiries

Related Links

More information is available on the following websites:







Last modified: December 24, 2014

Travel & Tourism in the U.S.

  • Tourism Badge

Fraud Warning

  • Diversity Visa Program Scammers Sending Fraudulent Emails and Letters


Visa News

  • New Visa Procedures - Frequently Asked Questions

  • Electronic System of Travel Authorization (ESTA) Required in Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
    The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announces implementation of the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Enrollment in ESTA is mandatory for ALL VWP participants. If you have a visa to visit the USA, or a Canadian passport, this message does not apply to you. The ESTA applies only to Visa Waiver Program participants. For information about ESTA, please see ESTA webpage and Frequently Asked Questions about the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

  • USCIS Centralizes Filing of Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130

    The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) centralized filing of the Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) immigrant visa petition since August 15, 2011. As such, petitioners residing in countries without USCIS offices, such as Hong Kong and Macau, must now file Form I-130 with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility. For details, see "USCIS News."


  • Effective April 28, 2011, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) no longer requires registration of foreign citizens entering and exiting the United States under the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS), also known as Special Registration. More information is available in the Federal Register notice (PDF 179 KB) from DHS dated April 28, 2011.

Adobe Reader